Who Are We?
GOLD’s program is determined and its guidelines for COPD care are shaped by committees made up of leading experts from around the world.
- Recommend effective COPD management and prevention strategies for use in all countries.
- Increase awareness of the medical community, public health officials and the general public that COPD is a public health problem.
- Decrease morbidity and mortality from COPD through implementation and evaluation of effective programs for diagnosis and management.
- Promote study into reasons for increasing prevalence of COPD including relationship with environment.
- Implement effective programs to prevent COPD.
As of July 1, 2014, GOLD’s activities are funded entirely by the sale of its documents and resources. These materials may be downloaded from the GOLD Website; printed copies may be purchased for a fee. For information on how to purchase printed copies, please contact us.